Monday, February 02, 2009

Yesterday at FBC

Some Great Things Happened at FBC Yesterday:

Deacons Meeting

The men we gathered for our meeting brought up some good ministry ideas. I'm excited about the banquet the deacons are hosting on February 13.

Choir

The choir began the service by singing "Yes, I Know." That is one of my favorite songs. Many years ago, I was a member of a Men's Group who sang that song.

Attendance

We had one of the best attended days of Bible Study this year. Also, the attendance in the morning worshipt service was super. We had a good number of guests present and they expressed some complimentary remarks in regard to the friendliness of FBC Leakesville.

Bible Drill

We had six students give a Bible Drill demonstration in the evening service. I am so proud of them. They still have some work to do before the official church drill in a few weeks, but I know they will do well.

Sermons from Exodus

I preached two sermons from Exodus yesterday. "Running Into Destiny(Ex. 2:11-25)" and "I Am No, But He Is(Ex. 3:1-14)." I'll post a general outline later.

0 comments:

Sermons