Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Post Resurrection Sunday

Well, yesterday the attendance was significantly lower than the previous Sunday. On Easter, the place was packed. Last week the service was alive with excitement. Yesterday, well...

There are some Sundays I just don't feel "right." I'm sure you don't have days like that. Do you? However, I am reminded the tomb is still empty. We still have a lot to celebrate. We hear a lot about the current Post-Modern Generation. But, more importantly, all of life is now Post-Resurrection.

GGBA Meeting

After the service, I attended the Executive Committee Meeting of the George-Greene Baptist Association, which was held at Barton Baptist Church. I get a thrill out of hearing about all the mission trips and local ministry endeavors.

Sunday Night

Last night, I began a series of sessions at West Salem Baptist Church here in Greene County in which I am preaching/teaching through the book of Exodus. The folks were gracious. I preached 5 sermons in 50 minutes. not bad. I will be leading Bible Study Session tonight through Thursday.

Rev. Jimmy Holcomb spoke at FBC Leakesville in my absence last night. He shared a report on a recent mission trip. Bro. Jimmy is a great example for all of us. I appreciate his friendship and leadership.

0 comments:

Sermons