Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Will He Find Faith?

I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”  Luke 18:8

During World War II, John and Carl Gray faithfully served their country. Their devoted military service carried the two brothers from rural North Mississippi to Luzon, an island in the Philippines. In 1945, under the leadership of General Douglas MacArthur, John and Carl participated in the campaign to reclaim the island from the Japanese. The campaign was successful. Unfortunately, John was killed in action and Carl died of wounds he received in the battle.
As I ponder the ultimate sacrifices of my great uncles, I wonder if they would be proud of the manner in which I have used the freedom they helped secure. Sometimes it is as if I hear them saying, “Philip, I didn’t die in order for you to act like an idiot.”

My uncles cannot return from eternity, but Jesus has promised he will return. He once asked “When the Son of Man returns, will He really find faith on the earth?” What would Jesus find if he returned today? Would he find you faithfully serving him or would He find you acting like an idiot, neglecting the freedom He purchased with his blood? Do not forget the sacrifice Christ made for you. He deserves your faithfulness.
(The above devotion was included in a collection published by Servants Alive Ministries.)

0 comments:

Sermons