Friday, August 10, 2007

F.O.R.G.I.V.E.

Last Sunday Night, I preach on Matthew 18:21-22, which is the passage in which Jesus charged Peter to forgive "seventy times seven." In other words, Jesus expects us to forgive as many times as we must. This is hard--no doubt. I shared this acrostic with our congregation last Sunday and will share it again this Sunday morning.

Focus on Your Sin (Matt. 7:3-5)

Own Your Shortcomings (I John 1:8-10)

Release Transgressor from Punishment (Eph. 4:32; Col. 3:13)

Grant Closure (I Cor. 13:5)

Intercede on Their Behalf (Matt. 5:43-45)

Value Peace above Pride (Romans 12:18)

Express Love (John 15:12)

The bottom line is, if we comprehend the incredible sin-debt Jesus has forgiven for us, we must be forgiving in response to what God has done.

0 comments:

Sermons