Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tornado In Simpson County, MS

My parents live in Magee, MS on Highway 28, which is about 50 miles South of Jackson, MS. Early this morning a tornado touched down not far from their home and completely destroyed Corinth Baptist Church. [Read Article here.] Just last Good Friday, I attended a special worship service at Corinth Baptist in which my father preached.

I talked to my dad earlier this morning and he said that they heard the tornado move over their house. He mentioned some 10,000 folks are without electricity and should be for some time. I encouraged my parents to come stay with me for a few days, but they feel like they will be fine, even though they will have no lights for an extended time.

Please pray for the Mississippi Baptist Disaster Relief Volunteers who will be helping the 60 families that lost their homes.

0 comments:

Sermons