Monday, September 07, 2009

A Unique Sunday

Well, my first Sunday as Director of Missions for the Jackson County Baptist Association certainly had a different feel for it. Since I have been a pastor and staff member for so long, visiting churches is a unique experience for me. Not having a sermon to prepare in the last few days was strange as well.

Yet, I enjoyed visiting three different churches. The pastors all delivered great sermons. The musical styles varied from all of the churches, but I felt free to worship in all of the congregations. The congregations I visited all welcomed me warmly.

Honestly, I did miss preaching. However, many folks tell me I will have many opportunities in the future. I anticipate that.

We are still in the parsonage of FBC Leakesville. Our house that is being built in Jackson County is not going to be ready for another 2-3 weeks. Hopefully, it will be sooner than we expect. FBC is gracious to let us stay in Leakesville.

1 comments:

TreAnna said...

I'm glad its going good for you Brother Phillip! Just to let you know the memebers of fbc miss you!

Sermons