Monday, November 12, 2007

Interview on WDAM-TV

Last week, WDAM-TV in Hattiesburg, MS aired a series entitled "Faces of Adoption." My wife and I appear in Part I and Part III of the series discussing our adoption experience. Access Part I here. Access Part III here. If you cannot access the segments at the previous link, go to the WDAM website and look under Featured Videos, which is not at the top, but in the middle of the page.

In Part I of the series, a representative from the Department of Human Services stated that there is a great need for adoptive families. However, I talk to people all the time who are struggling to adopt a child. Also, I hear of many people who attempt to adopt here in the states, but "give up" and go overseas to get a child. It's hard for me to understand. However, I have to admit, while our experience was better than most, 3 1/2 years elapsed from the time we had our son placed in our home. We are blessed.

0 comments:

Sermons