Saturday, November 10, 2007

The USS Alabama and the USS Drumm


We enjoyed a beautiful Saturday morning touring the THE MIGHTY BATTLESHIP USS ALABAMA (BB-60). SUBMARINE USS DRUM (SS-228) at Battleship Memorial on Mobile Bay.

When I was 5 (I'm now 43), my father took me to tour the ship. I still have memories of the awe I felt at such a massive vessel. The power of America is epitomized by this ship.

Today, I was so proud to carry my son and oldest daughter to the DRUM and the ALABAMA. My Father-in-law and Brother-in-law along with his two sons went with us as well.

What America accomplished in WWII is staggering. We owe a great debt to our Veterans.

I have an Uncle who served in Vietnam. Every Veterans Day I always call him and thank him for his service to our country. Please don't forget to thank our Veterans.

0 comments:

Sermons