Saturday, February 09, 2008

Perdido Beach and the New Pastor at FBC Lucedale

Greetings from the Beach

A longtime friend of my wife's, Joyce Overstreet, has helped start a new minstry for women: Journey of Hope. They are hosting a conference this weekend at Perdio Beach Resort in Alabama. Currently, my wife and I are writing an online Bible Study for the ministry. So, they asked us to come down and meet some of the ladies. We brought the kids and they have had a great time. We arrived here around 2:00 PM yesterday. We will have to leave around 2:00 PM today. We have a Sunday School Class party later tonight.

The beach is beautiful this morning. There's a crystal blue sky. The high is supposed to be 70 degrees. While brief, this has been a blessing.

New Pastor at FBC Lucedale

Bill McMullan is the new pastor of First Baptist in Lucedale. He is 36. Formerly, he was the pastor of First Baptist Kemp, TX.

I met Bill at our Minister's Conference last Tuesday night. He is planning to enter the Ph.D. program at New Orleans Baptist Seminary, which is where I recieved my doctorate in 2005. On Thursday, I attended a funeral in Lucedale and he was there. We went back to his church and he gave me a tour.

He is full of enthusiasm about his new place of service. It was thrilling to hear him excitedly share his dreams and plans for the future. I know he will do a great job.

Watch a video of Bill preaching a few years ago here.

0 comments:

Sermons