Saturday, May 02, 2009

Thankful for a Praying Phlebotomist

This Saturday Morning began with an interesting twist. In the last couple of weeks, two doctors have ordered blood tests for me. So, I made a special effort to have both offices send the orders for the tests to the hospital lab here in Leakesville. This way I don't have to travel to Mobile and I don't have to be jabbed more than once. After a lot of effort, both orders were in the hospital by yesterday afternoon, but, since I had not fasted all day, I had to wait until this morning. So, around 7:15 AM, I went to the lab to have the blood drawn.

Unfortunately, I have a history of being a challenging "stick." My veins are not the easiest to find. So, I'm always a little stressed when I enter a lab, hoping I will not have to endure multiple sticks.

This morning, the Phlebotomist tapped and pressed on my arms a few times. Then, she inserted the needle and I did not even feel it enter my arm. Thrilled, I told her, "You're the best I've ever seen." She said, "Well, I get help from up above."

As I review all of my past "blood drawing" experiences, I remember another especially painless appointment. In that visit, the phlebotomist also mentioned she prayed before every stick.

Paul wrote, "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him (Colossians 3:17, NKJV)."

My prayer is that all that I do is done for the Lord. What about you?

0 comments:

Sermons