Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yellow Fever

Time is passing quickly as I prepare to leave with a mission team on May 29 to travel to Brazil. A vaccination for Yellow Fever is required. I have had difficulty finding a health center that has the shot. I've called two centers in the region (Forrest Co. Health Center and the Harrison Co. Health Center). Employees at both centers stated they anticipate receiving a small quantity of the shots soon, but they do not know when they will arrive.

So, this is a prayer request. Pray I will be able to find a shot soon. I know this will work out, but I would love to check this off my list ASAP.

Also, another name for Yellow Fever is "Black Vomit." Yellow Fever is a much less terrifying name. Consequently, this horrific name, has motivated me to I to take the proper precautions against this viral disease.

To read the World Health Organization's statements concerning Yellow fever, click here.

0 comments:

Sermons