Sunday, May 31, 2009

Super Day

Our first full day here has been amazing. I preached in the morning service. The first time I have preached through an interpreter in a while. Lo, the translator, was very animated, which really seemed to communicate my sermon from Matt. 11.28-30. An elderly lady accepted Christ and I had an opportunity to pray with her with Tony Gray, the missionary in charge down here.

The pastor of the congregation is impressive. He is reaching several teens who are hooked on drugs and alcohol. In the afternoon, his church, with our help, canvassed a rural village. Then, we helped a worship service in front of a home. The youth from the church here sang praise songs and performed a skit. It was the most powerful skit I have ever seen...really well done.

Later, we gathered at a park in the center of town and held a service. Bro. Jimmy Holcomb, with a 30 second notice, preached a powerful message upon knowing Christ. The girls in our group sang two songs. I am proud of them.

I am so glad I came. I have an even deeper appreciation for the ministry of Tony and Karen. Pray for us as we began our ministries in the community tomorrow. We will distribute free glasses and do backyard Bible Clubs.

P.S.--Please forgive the typos. Spell Check is in portugese. I know I can fix it, but don~t have time.

0 comments:

Sermons