Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bike Repair

We experienced a major crisis earlier this evening.

Terri and Abbey left to do a Wal-Mart run after "supper." Jared had ridden his bike to our neighbors. At nightfall, he returned and as he rolled into the garage the chain slipped off his bike. The wheel was "frozen." I'm not Mr. Handyman, but this required attention.

Jared turned 6 in May, but he has been riding his bike without training wheels for almost a year. He rides his bike a lot. Everyday, I am asked to watch him do tricks. My favorite is the "side-saddle" in which he rides with both legs on side of the bike. His balance amazes me. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was in the 4th grade.

The chain was replaced and tightened without a problem. Then, he test drove the bicycle and it passed. Major crisis averted.

0 comments:

Sermons