Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sunday at FBC Leakesville

The day started at 8:00 AM with our Deacons' Meeting. Woody Rustin, Chairman of Deacons, has done a wonderful job of leading us.

At 9:00, the Men's Prayer Time. This time of prayer was begun shortly after I became pastor. There is a group of men who faithfully meet to pray with me each Sunday. This has been an incredible blessing to me and I am sure this has greatly benefited our services.

Also, a group of our ladies meet at 9:00 AM to pray for our services.

At the beginning of Morning Worship, we passed out ballots to nominate men to serve as deacon for three years. Eight men were selected. We will select four from the eight nominated on August 17.

We observed the Lord' Supper in our service. My sermon was Remembering the Seven Last Words of Jesus from the Cross.

After AM Worship, the choir had a meal. Wow, what a spread! Then, the choir listened to two musicals that will be presented in November and December. The first is patriotic in nature and will be presented near Veterans Day. The second is a Christmas musical.

Tonight, I thought we had good attendance. I preached from Romans 15:1-13- "One Heart and One Voice."

0 comments:

Sermons