Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Blow Out

"In these parts," we sometimes call a party a "blow out." However, last night I literally had a "blow-out" and it wasn't that fun.

As I was returning from preaching at Heritage Baptist Church near Lucedale, my tire exploded about 10 miles south of Leakesville on State Highway 63. The shoulder on the road was minimal and I was in a dangerous spot near a curve.

The tire was almost completely off of the rim. I was afraid to try to change the tire where I was stopped, due the speed most cars was shooting past and my car was not completely off of the road. After calling 911, a Greene County Sheriff's Deputy came to my aid and with his flashing lights, I felt a lot safer moving the vehicle. Then, he helped change the tire.

This was a dangerous situation, before I received help. Praise God for our Law Enforcement Personnel who do much more than folks give them credit.

0 comments:

Sermons