Sunday, July 27, 2008

Last Week at Central Hills

Monday, July 21, we left on the FBC Van headed to Central Hills Royal Ambassador Camp. Seven boys from our church, my oldest daughter and son, and the son of Pastor Mark King from West Salem Baptist were on board.

At CHBR, I served as Camp Pastor for the week. The first worship experience was by the lake Monday Evening. After I spoke, a cross was illuminated. This has been done for several years and it is still impressive to me.

Central Hills is special to my brother and me. The first Summer the camp was open was 1979. My brother worked there that Summer. He literally cleared some of the trials by ax with other staffers. I worked there the next Summer and would complete a total of 6 different Summers. To see the camp doing so well and the facilities in such good shape is fulfilling to me.

The boys are a lot of fun. The staff is a great group of mostly college age guys and gals. They do a great job of making spiritual application during activities; such as, archery, canoes, swimming, and crafts.

Thursday Night we held the Camp Fire Service, which is always special to me, since I surrendered to the ministry at a Camp Fire Service, 25 years ago. After the message, 29 boys made Professions of Faith, including two boys from our group. Also, 23 boys made "Rededications" of their lives and one boy surrendered to the vocational ministry. Praise the Lord!

The ride home was long, but never boring. The boys saw to that--4 bathroom breaks. I traveled through Forrest, MS and bought gas for $3.64. Wow!!!

0 comments:

Sermons