Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday Night at Agricola Baptist

Tonight was a great encouragement to me. I was able to spend some time with Tommy Mitchell, the pastor of Agricola Baptist, and his wife, Andrea. They treated us to a super meal at Hokie's Barbecue in Lucedale, MS. Also, Terri was able to go with me. Unfortunately, Terri is not able to go with me to a lot of engagements, since she has responsibilities at FBC Leakesville. Our youngest daughter, Charlee, was able to go with us as well.

Later, I preached at their Wednesday Night Service. Neil Wigley, the Minister of Music at Agricola Baptist, led the congregation in some inspiring praise choruses. A few months ago I worked with Neil in a series of Revival Services here in Greene County. He always does a splendid job in leading worship.

For me, I felt God really spoke to us through Jeremiah 9:23-24.

Many folks were gracious to us after the service. Praise God for encouraging people.

0 comments:

Sermons