Thursday, July 03, 2008

Prayer Leads to Action

Satan is not afraid of busy churches. Satan is not afraid of large churches. However, he is afraid of praying churches.


Prayer is Responsive. If I pray, I will be led to make a change. I will be led to do something to build and enlarge the kingdom of God. If I pray, I will be challenged to share the gospel with someone. I will want to make a difference for Christ.

Jesus said, Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest (Matthew 9:38). If we pray, we will respond by wanting to be part of the harvest.

If we pray, we will respond in love to those around us. Jesus said, “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you”(Matthew 5:44)." If we pray in earnest, we will have an attitude adjustment.

Ezra 10:11 Now therefore, make confession to the LORD God of your fathers, and do His will; separate yourselves from the peoples of the land, and from the pagan wives.

Proverbs 28:13 He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.

In Isaiah 6, the prophets records a moving encounter with God. After he God radically intersected his life, Isaiah responded, "Here Am I. Send me."

Application

Are you praying prayers that God has already answered?

Do you already know a task or ministry you need to perform, but your response is delayed because you really haven't completely surrendered to God?

Do you say to God "Have your will in me," but your actions say, "I'm going to have my will?"

Pray this prayer today, "Here I Am. Send me."

0 comments:

Sermons