Monday, December 08, 2008

Basketball Practice

Jared experienced his first basketball practice this evening. He is playing in an Upward Basketball League at Memorial Baptist Church, not far from New Augusta, MS. I love upward sports because the kids are presented spiritual truths. The league places a focus on faith and fun. A far cry from what I've experienced in Soccer and T-Ball Leagues. That's why I'm willing to drive 80 miles round trip for Jared to be involved. He attended an Upward Basketball Camp at FBC Magee this past Summer.

Memorial Baptist is hosting the league. The church is "out in the middle of nowhere," but they have an incredible facility. I talked with one of the members of the church and he was thrilled by what the Lord was doing through their church. He was filled with excitement. This was so refreshing. He shared their long term ministry plan with me. What a blessing to find people serving God and blooming where they are planted.

0 comments:

Sermons