Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Work Day in December?

1. This morning, some men and women gathered at the church to assemble several new tables we purchased for the children's building. Also, several large bulletin boards were installed. I really appreciate these folks giving up a Saturday morning at the height of the Christmas Rush.

2. This afternoon, many folks from FBC Leakesville provided food for the family of Herman Turner, who died on Thursday. The funeral was in the afternoon. The ladies who organized the meal did an incredible job. There was an abundance of food. The family was very appreciative.

3. Tonight, I preached in the chapel at the South Mississippi Correctional Facility. The service in which I participate is offered to the general population. There was, literally, standing room only. The men present were encouraging. The choir is a thrill to watch. The "get into it." That's a lesson for all of us.

4. Once I left the prison, I went and picked up my Terri and Jared to go a Christmas Party at the home of our members. We arrived around 8:20 PM and stayed for about an hour. We had a lot of fun.

0 comments:

Sermons