Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day







While the pros opened their season today, a much more important opening day occurred. My son's T-Ball Team played their first game tonight near Sandhill, MS. They won (29-25 in an extra inning). My son, Jared, made it to first base each time he was at bat. Also, he scored every time--sliding into home "head-first," whether he needed to or not. (I guess I shouldn't have shown him that Pete Rose highlight reel.) Lord, please help me not to live vicariously through my son.

The only problem I have with them winning is that this guarantees that they will have to play Tuesday and Thursday night. If they win tomorrow night, they will have to play Thurs. and Friday. A win Thursday will insure them the opportunity to play on Saturday for the championship. This is turning out to be work. Sandhill is 30 miles away. Go team!

Thanks to A. J.'s Quickstop for sponsoring the team.

0 comments:

Sermons