Saturday, June 07, 2008

Detour

Well, we did not leave Cave City, KY until 11:00 AM. We saw a line of severe thunderstorms moving through Indianapolis, IN, which is where we were headed for the Southern Baptist Convention. So, we decided to delay our departure.

As were entered Indiana, we saw signs warning that Interstate 65 was closed. That was hard to believe, but we stopped at the first rest area and this was verified. No one at the visitor center had any advice on how to proceed. Apparently, 6 to 9 inches of rain deluged the area.

We decided to press on, but when we made it to about 70 miles south of Indy, traffic came to a complete halt. We sat for about 10 minutes and decided to turn around.

Terri did a good job of picking an alternate route and we made it safely to our hotel--just 90 minutes later than expected. The strange thing is I never turned on my wipers.

We came in on I74 and saw standing water everywhere. I am glad we didn't not decide to drive in early this morning.

I plan to attend the Conference of Southern Baptist Evangelists event in the morning (Stay Tuned: There may be another Ronnie Cottingham Sighting.). In the afternoon, we are going to attend the preview of the new movie FIREPROOF. This is produced by the same folks that filmed "Facing the Giants." I am looking forward to seeing this film.

I am praying for Boo White and Dennis Cochran who will preach at FBC Leakesville tomorrow. Tonight, I talked to Min. of Music, Mike Smith, and told him that we made it. We are blessed with a great staff at First Baptist Leakesville.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Philip,
I just read that Frank Cox's church gives 12% to the CP, an interesting fact for president.
Have a great time!
Jimmy

Sermons