Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Johnny Hunt is SBC President

Surprisingly, while six men were nominated for SBC President, Johnny Hunt won on the first ballot, receiving 52% of the votes. I thought he would win, but thought there would be a run-off. Frank Cox came in 2nd, capturing, I believe, 16%.

I enjoyed hearing the North American Mission Board report tonight. Many NAMB missionaries were introduced to the convention.

Terri attended the Ministers Wives Conference. Gary Chapman spoke. She really enjoyed it. They gave away a nice purse and over $200 worth of materials to each wife. She paid $12 for the meal I think. This was a great bargain. Also, a sheer coincidence was that she happened to sit with our good friend Tracy Vanlandingham. Her husband, Jeff, worked with me at Central Hill Baptist Retreat back "in the day." Tracy attended William Carey when I was matriculated there. Jeff pastored in Cintronelle, AL a good number of years ago. Presently, he pastors in Birmingham, AL.

0 comments:

Sermons