Monday, December 03, 2007

Random Post of the Year: Barbeque Pecans

Christmas is the only time I ever cook, except for "smoking" something on a grill.

While I'm no Emeril Lagasse, I have a great recipe for roasting pecans. This year, the pecan crop in the area has been exceptional. My Uncle Aubrey Harris lives near Glennallen, MS in the Mississippi Delta. He gave us several pounds of pecans a few weeks ago. So, I had to find a recipe. This recipe was one I found on the web, but I tweaked it a little by adding seasoned salt. Also, some people put a few dashes of Tobasco Hot Sauce in the mix.

INGREDIENTS:

2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
4 cups pecan halves
Seasoned Salt

PREPARATION:

Melt butter in large saucepan or skillet. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup. Add pecan halves, stirring to coat well. Spoon into a lightly greased glass or nonstick baking dish; spread out in an even layer.

Toast at 400° about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn out on paper towels and sprinkle with seasoned salt.

0 comments:

Sermons