Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Dash

We've had a fun and busy Christmas Break so far. On Monday we were in Bay Minette, AL with my in-laws. We returned home that evening and Santa Clause had failed to read the instructions ahead of time. So, I had to air up a Jump-O-Lene starting at 11:00 AM. It only took me 2 hours using a hand pump my wife uses to blow up balloons for her clown act. Then, I had to set the other toys out. At 3:30 AM I put the Turkey on the smoker. At 8:30 AM the Turkey was removed from the smoker and placed in the oven. The kids weren't up until 9:00 AM. They were excited.

Later Christmas Day, we went to Magee to have Christmas meal at 2:00 PM. I enjoyed being with my Grandmother, Uncle Jim, Brother John and his family. My Dad and Mom continue to enjoy the home they purchased after my dad retired a few years ago. We filled it up Tuesday.

Thursday, we traveled to Trussville, AL, which is on I-59 just out of Birmingham. My sister lives here. We have enjoyed seeing her and her family. She cooked Cheesy Chicken Pasta for us last night.

We going to head back to Mississippi tomorrow, which is our Anniversary.

The traveling has been enjoyable because I have had time to just do nothing for a few moments. With three kids, "down time" is a premium. However, spending a large block of time with the family has been fulfilling and shown me what a blessed man I am.

0 comments:

Sermons