Sunday, December 30, 2007

Recovering from a Busy Saturday.

Yesterday was our anniversary. Terri and I have been married 17 years. I am a blessed man who falls deeper in love with his wife each day.

We had a unique day. We checked out of our hotel around 9 AM and did some shopping in Trussville, AL, a city which seems to be bursting at the seams. We had lunch at a Red Robin Restaurant there. Terri and I ate at a Red Robin several times when we lived in Anchorage, AK. So, that was kind of nostalgic, but more challenging with three kids.

We left Trussville at 12:35 pm and arrived in at my parents' home in Magee, MS at 4:35 PM. That's 266 miles in exactly 4 hours. We never stopped and I did the speed limit.

Later, my parents kept the kids. Terri and I went out to eat at a surprisingly nice restaurant just outside of Magee. Matilda's is a beautiful restaurant decorated like a log cabin, but not too rustic (Read a review here). The place is set on a lake. A fire was burning. The menu was not typical "fish house" fare, while they had that as well. After a long day of driving, just being anywhere with Terri was special. We didn't think there was a place that nice in the Magee/Mt. Olive, MS area. We were pleased.

Today felt different, since I didn't have to preach. We went to church with my father and mother. My dad is Interim Pastor at a small church that suffered major destruction from Hurricane Katrina in August 2005. They are nearing completion of a beautiful sanctuary. My dad has been a big help to them.

I enjoyed hearing my dad preach. His sermon was titled "Recipe for a Happy New Year." I'll share more on that tomorrow.

0 comments:

Sermons