Saturday, December 22, 2007

Max Lucado on John 3:16

Tomorrow, I will be preaching in the morning service a sermon entitled "Gift of Love" based on John 3:16. As I was preparing my sermon, I noticed Max Lucado's book, 3:16: The Numbers of Hope is in many stores. So, I decided to read the book as part of my sermon prep.

Lucado is a simple, but profound writer. You just can't improve on John 3:16, but Max includes some interesting stories and uncompromising exegesis that underscore why this verse is so loved by the faithful and loathed by the faithless.

The main content of the book encompasses only 120 pages. A nice addition to the book is a devotional section at the end with readings for 40 days. I could recommend this book to everyone for its readability and insight.

Lucado summarizes John 3:16 like this:

He loved. He gave. We believe. We Live.

0 comments:

Sermons