Friday, April 25, 2008

Being a Father, Not a Babysitter

Several ladies from our church and Unity Baptist are going to the Extraordinary Women Conference at Olive Baptist Church in Pensacola, FL. So, we have a lot of guys who are watching the kids, while the moms enjoy well-deserved breaks.

I was reminded of hearing a man tell someone that his wife was out of town and he was having to "babysit" the kids over the weekend. The lady to whom he made this statement responded, "No. You're not babysitting. You're being a father!" For me, that is a memorable statement that keeps me focused. So, I'm not having to babysit this weekend. I'm blessed to spend time with my two youngest children. Jared asks frequently, "Can I have some "Daddy Time?" Well, the answer this weekend is "Yes."

Our youngest daughter is battling a fever. So, Terri is a little..., well, more than a little, uncomfortable with leaving her, but I pray she can find the peace to go and that Charlee's fever breaks soon.

1 comments:

godfrey said...

Hey! I sort of stumbled upon your blog. It was so great to see Mrs. Terri at WBC Women's Night Out. She was so proud to tell me all about the children. She gave me her e-mail, but I misplaced it. Tell her to give me an e-mail. I was love to hear about Charlee's progress. You are doing a great job with the blog!
Ange Godfrey (Smith)
fhwildlife@aol.com

Sermons