Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dispelling a Rumor: I Never Played College Baseball

Last night, I was blessed with a "last minute" opportunity to go watch Mississippi State and Southern Mississippi play baseball in Hattiesburg. I had gone with my family to take our youngest daughter to a doctor. After we finished with her appointments, we met some friends for a meal at the Plaid Rhino .

My friend was called, while we were walking into the restaurant, and offered two free tickets to the game. The game was a sell-out and these tickets were in an incredible location. Since I was with my family, I would need a ride home. So, I knew some members of our church would be at the game. I called them and they graciously agreed to let me ride with them home. USM won 11-7.

This morning I was talking to a local CPA and he mentioned he saw me at the game. Then, he made a statement that I thought was hilarious. He said, "I told my wife that you played baseball at William Carey (University). So, you were a big baseball fan." Unfortunately, he was wrong. In May 1987, I graduated from William Carey College, but I was not a member of the baseball team.

Therefore, I must make an official statement. While I did have an outstanding baseball career playing in Kilmichael, MS, I retired from America's Pastime at the age of 10 to spend more time watching reruns of "Gilligan's Island" and promoting World Peace.

Of course, I look, walk, and talk like a baseball player. However, I can't let this rumor go unchecked.

Again, that's so funny.

0 comments:

Sermons