Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blessed Be the Name of the Lord

Another great morning at FBC. We continue to have good attendance.

The choir sang one of my favorite songs, "Blessed Be the Name." Matt Redman wrote these words:


Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in,
Lord Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

For me, I need to be reminded that I praise God for who He is and not just for what he has done for me. I praise Him when it seems things are bad, as well as when everything seems to be going well.

The Benefits of Holiness

My sermon was from Romans 6:15-23.

I. We are redeemed by grace when we surrender ownership (15-18).

Romans 12:1 “I beseech you therefore, brethren by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.” – A once-for-all-surrender.

II. We are righteous by grace when we show obedience (19-22).

III. We are released by grace receive His supernatural offer (23).

Conclusions

1. Sin is not free.
2. Salvation is free.
3. We are all committed to something.
4. Some Christians are asked to die for Jesus, but all Christians are expected to live for Him.

0 comments:

Sermons