Sunday, May 11, 2008

Honoring Moms and Graduates

Since the Greene County H.S. graduation is later this week, we will honor the grads today. This is the only Sunday they will have their cap and gowns. So, we'll recognize them today.

Also, since it is Mothers Day, we will recognize all of the ladies of our church. I will give a gift to all of the ladies because, even if they are not mothers, they have a special role in the family of God. It breaks my heart that some ladies who were not blessed with children stay away from church on this day. I try to be sensitive to their feelings.

Developing a sermon that would be fitting for Grads and Moms wasn't easy. Yet, I feel God led me to a special passage in Exodus 4. My sermon will be based on the question God asked Moses.
"What is in your hand?" I'll share a post summarizing the sermon later.

0 comments:

Sermons