Monday, May 19, 2008

Yesterday at FBC

Yesterday, in the AM service, I preached a sermon entitled "No Condemnation" from Romans 8:1-11.

When I preached my "Trial Sermon" at FBC Leakesville on November 6, 2005, I preached from Romans 8:31-39. Two members told me they had made a note in their Bibles that I preached from Romans 8 on that day. Well, I plan, if the Lord is willing, to preach the same sermon I preached on that day in a few weeks. I wonder if they have my outline.

At the conclusion of our morning service, we brought one of the couples from our church to the front and said a special prayer for them. The Rustins are going to Brazil on a Mission Trip supported by the George-Greene Baptist Associations, May 23-June 1. At the conclusion of the evening service, we prayed specifically for Clarene Holcomb, our Area Director of Missions' wife. She is going on the trip to Brazil as well.

The Bridge, the Praise Ensemble from the First United Methodist Church of Lucedale, led in worship last evening. Eric Smith, the son of the Minister of Music here at FBC, directs the group. They did an awesome job. Their praise songs were from Hillsong's Mighty to Save CD.

One of the ladies in the group, Amanda Jones, was a member of Wade Baptist Church when I served as Associate Pastor there. Her husband, Lee, is a good friend of ours, as well. He served as a chaperon on some of our student trips. After the service, we invited them to come to our home and visit. Lee completed a tour of duty in Iraq a in 2005. He shared some stories about how God protected him while he was there. It was good to see them.

0 comments:

Sermons