Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Lot was at...Steak

Last night, the ministers from the George-Greene Baptist Association gathered for a fellowship meal at Agricola Baptist Church. Tommy Mitchell, the pastor at ABC, has done a fabulous job at planning our ministers conferences this year. I have really enjoyed them.

While serving a Wade Baptist Church, my pastor, Bill Barton, and I would drive by Agricola Baptist occasionally. Every time we passed the church, Bro. Bill would say something like, "That church has some All Star Leaders." At the close of our time last night, each couple stood and introduced themselves. I shared Bro. Barton's statement and added, "Not only does Agricola Baptist have All Star Leaders, they have All Star Cooks."
The church served us an incredible meal with steak, baked potatoes, and salad. To top that off the meal was complimented by several dessert selections. The gathering was a lot of fun and I felt encouraged when I left.

Tommy and Agricola Baptist deserve a lot of credit. I appreciate their investment in the lives of the ministers of George and Greene County. Read Tommy's Post about the meal here.

0 comments:

Sermons