Sunday, May 25, 2008

We Tend to Forget

My brother is pastor of First Baptist Charleston, MS. He wrote, what I think, is a great newsletter article on the importance of Memorial Day. I share it here.

Just because something is important doesn't mean that I will remember it. Because I tend to forget, I need reminders. I write myself notes (A short pencil works better than a long memory). I set my cell phone to sound alarms before important events. I tell other people to remind me. I place letters I need to mail in front of the speedometer so that I will see them when I get into my car. I send myself emails and call and leave myself messages on my answering machine. I must do these things because I tend to forget

It is important to remember those who have sacrificed themselves in service to our country. Because we must remember and we might forget, our nation observes Memorial Day each year.




Don't forget to say thank you to those who have served our country. Freedom is never free.

0 comments:

Sermons