Saturday, January 19, 2008

English as a Second Language

My daughter and I spent last night in the first session of the English as a Second Language Course (ESL). The course is being offered at the George-Greene Baptist Associational building near Lucedale, MS. We will be in class from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM today. Then, on Sunday, we will meet in the afternoon.

English as a Second Language is a great ministry for a church to use to help foreigners who have moved to the United States. While I'm not exactly sure where or when we will be involved in an ESL Class, I was eager to get the training. I am very proud of my daughter. She really enjoyed last night.

Most of the folks in the class are from significant distances away from our area. So, it is great to meet fellow Christians seeking to serve the Lord.

I'll be preaching at the South Mississippi Correctional Center tonight. I always look forward to that opportunity.

0 comments:

Sermons