Saturday, September 06, 2008

Enjoyed Today--Looking Forward to Tomorrow

I have a confession. Today was one of the few days this year that I didn't shave. I spent the morning putting some finishing touches on my sermon for in the morning. Then, I did some chores around the house. This afternoon, I listened to some football on my XM Radio. I love being able rewind broadcasts.

Just before dark, Jared and I got our gloves out and played catch for a while. He is improving. My wrist felt great throwing the ball. From April until the first of August, I experienced incredible pain whenever I would throw any type of ball. A shot of Cortizone was injected into my wrist. The pain in the wrist has been relieved. However, I still have some pain further up my arm. Well, I guess I'll just focus on the positive. I have regretted not being able to throw the baseball to Jared. Now, I can.

Tomorrow at FBC

We will have a Deacons Meeting at 8:00 AM. The four men elected to serve a three year term will be with us.

We will baptize two brothers in the Morning Service. That is always a pleasure.

I will be preaching from James 2:1-13. This passage deals with showing partiality to church visitors based on their appearance. This is a very practical message, which is applicable to any congregation. We can be biased toward certain people just because of their clothes. My prayer is that everyone would feel welcome in our church. However, I know some folks have ideas about a "First Baptist Church." These attitudes can only be changed by intentionally planning to be "friendly" to all visitors. Hopefully, we will take some steps toward this in the next few months.

0 comments:

Sermons