Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pancakes, Soccer, Grilled Pork Chops, and Prison

Pancakes

We try to cook pancakes each Saturday morning. This morning we a good family breakfast with some great sausage and the "cakes." That was fun.

Soccer

The family traveled to Lucedale to watch Jared's soccer game. He played hard today...a lot harder than usual. I was proud of him.

Grilled

I still haven't gotten accustomed to using my new gas grill. It is so easy to burn the meat. In the past, I used a smoker for everything. However, the pork chops were good. To ease my conscience I cooked a "medley" of vegetables. They were good with the "smoke" taste.

Prison

Tonight, I preached in the local prison. I have to wait until their census count is reconciled, before the service can start. The count was not "cleared" until around 7:30 PM. So, I started later than usual. Didn't make it home until 8:30 PM. However, I feel we had a great service, even though the crowd was a little smaller than usual. It was raining. They have to walk across the yard to get to the chapel. The choir did not sing tonight. I missed them.

One neat thing. The worship leader lead us in singing "Amazing Grace." This is neat. He did not know my subject, which was "He Gives More Grace" based on James 4:1-10.

0 comments:

Sermons