Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Focusing on Praying

During the early days of the church, the apostles sought help from the first deacons with ministry duties so that they could focus on “prayer and to the ministry of the word (Acts 6:4).”

In order to continue to fulfill this pastoral duty to pray for others, I am intentionally planning to pray for as many FBC members, friends, and community leaders as I can in the days prior the Revival Services scheduled for October 5-8. Consequently, starting tomorrow September 18, I will, on a daily basis, select the names of families affiliated with FBC and pray for them during my personal prayer time. By October 5, I plan to have prayed by each family connected with our church by name. If you have any specific requests, please contact me. Please know I AM praying for you…really.

0 comments:

Sermons