Friday, September 05, 2008

George County Wins

Tonight, the Greene County Wildcats traveled to George County for, what a recent book named, one of the 15 Greatest Rivalry Games in the State. The book is entitled Ya'll vs. Us.

The second half was played in a sure 'nuff "flop down" rain. With 1:00 to go in the 3rd, the score was 28-22. However, with 8:32 to go in the 4th, George County kicked an amazing field goal in the driving rain. So, that made it a two score game- 31-22. I think that was a key play. The final was George Co. 38 Greene Co. 22.

I was proud of our team. We compiled a ton of yards.

While my upper torso stayed fairly dry, my shoes and jeans were "soppin'."

Again, our team played hard and I feel like we have a great offense that could really make some noise in our district and, possibly, the playoffs. I admire Coach Ainsworth and his staff. They deserve our support.

0 comments:

Sermons