Friday, June 05, 2009

Final Day Filled With a Lot of Emotions

Today, we set up the free glasses distribution in a village not far from the church we have been helping. The church is only a year old and they already have a mission point with the plans of starting a church there within the next few months. We had over 40 adults and even more children waiting for us when we arrived. I shared the gospel with about 5 groups of 7 to 12 people. The people are very responsive.

The decision of one man moved me to tears. He was in a group of at least eight others when I shared the gospel. When I asked him if he wanted to receive Christ. He said, through the interpretor, Î don´t have any religion. I believe in God, but it is not important. I told him I appreciated his honesty and wanted to talk to him more later. He agreed. After he had received his free eye glasses he returned with his wife. I talked with him for several minutes. He expressed the desire not to be a hypocrite. More than once he refused to pray a prayer for salvation. Finally, he stated, Anyone can say they accept Jesus, but the question is does he accept you? I shared the truth from the scripture that we cannot earn salvation and that Jesus had said, Come unto me ALL you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Then, he said, If that is the case, then, I will. Then, he prayed and asked the Lord to forgive Him and to save him. He prayed with great sincerity. As he left he genuinely hugged me and thanked me for coming. What a blessing to see the Word of God and His Spirit melt the heart of this man.

Saying goodbye to the church here was difficult. The people are so giving. They presented us all handmande wooden boxes. I will never forget what God has done on this trip. I have been truly blessed.

Special thanks to everyone at FBC Leakesville that has supported with prayers and funds to make this trip.

0 comments:

Sermons