Sunday, June 14, 2009

Overwhelmed

When I accepted God's call into ministry, I did not feel worthy. I've never felt overly self-assured. During my teen years, I dealt with serious self-esteem issues. For example, my first two days at William Carey College were spent hiding in my dorm room. I ate out of the vending machines because I was too afraid to go to the cafeteria.

I moved past that. Now, I am proud of my humility, but I kept some self-pity around because at times I almost enjoy feeling sorry for myself.

Well, what I am trying to say is I feel God has consistently giving me more than I deserve. I know preachers are supposed to say that, but it 's true. My parents, wife, children, and life experiences have really been almost too good to be true.

Today, I experienced another right-on-time and undeserved blessed. At the close of the morning service, the church presented my wife and me an amazing expression of love. The super generous monetary gift is humbling and comes right when we needed it.

The phrase "words cannot express what I'm feeling" is all I can say. The members of FBC Leakesville have consistently showered us with love and have, on many occasions, given us gifts that show us they care. We are blessed to be a part of such a caring congregation.

However, please know I do not stand alone. Of course, without Christ, I am nothing. Also, Mike and Selina Smith, and Boo and Missy White are a joy with which to serve. God has blessed the church with a great ministry assistant and many people who faithfully and humbly serve behind the scenes.

Thank you to the people of FBC Leakesville. I love you. We love you.

0 comments:

Sermons