Tuesday, June 16, 2009

From the VBS Director

Daily Newsletter, Vol. 1, June 16, 2009

Wow! What an incredible FIRST day of VBS! It was totally awesome. Everyone seems to be content with their responsibilities and that was a great “HALLELUJAH MOMENT” for me. I had several of those moments throughout the morning. I encourage each of you to have them as well. This is how it’s done. If you experience an amazing moment of blessing, I want you to
stop, throw up both hands and shout “HALLELUJAH”. Believe me, it makes you feel wonderful. Now, I don’t want you to think that I have gone “Bapticostal” on you, so I looked up the word Hallelujah in the dictionary and found that it meant “to express joyful praise”! That’s exactly what I was doing, because after yesterday, I was one JOYFUL BAPTIST! I am full of excitement and anticipating great things as the week progresses. The “kidoroos” were so good and attentive and the workers were eager and sincere to do whatever was needed. Thank you for saying “YES TO VBS”!

I would ask for a little help to make sure all our guest “kidoroos” complete registration forms. Outback Guides, Please check with your group to see if this has been done so that we can have information for a follow up visit, especially, if they are unchurched. You may pick up the forms from Mrs. Sue at the Registration desk or see me.

Our totals for the day were AMAZING! The total enrollment was 106 and the total present was 91. The offering for the GWA Village Project was $29.71 with the girls collecting the most for the day. We are having a little competition between the girls and boys which makes the Worship Rally pretty rowdy!

Special Thanks to Nixon Noblitt our….Train Conductor, Aussie Guide and Beach Bum. If you get a chance, check him out during the Worship Rally. Also, look out for Susanne, as she will be capturing special moments of the week. Make sure you show your best side!

Remember, Friday night at 7:00 is Family night. Remind the kidoroos daily. We are expecting a good time of food and fellowship. The cake is being donated and we will use the punch from VBS week. If you can help with serving the cake and punch, let me know. I will give you more details of the program later in the week.

If you know of anyone who needs a ride on the Van, be sure and let Mr. Freddie or Bro. Philip know so that arrangements can be made.

Thanks again for your help. We truly know that if we…FOLLOW, WORSHIP, LIVE THROUGH HIM ….IT ALL COMES BACK TO JESUS…..now, that’s a real HALLELUJAH MOMENT!


Serving Him through VBS,
Selina Smith

0 comments:

Sermons