Thursday, June 04, 2009

An Update From Amidst the Smoke

Today I shared the gospel at the eye glass distribution in the morning. In the afternoon, I went with a team into a school and a government day care. The children are so beautiful. The team performed a puppet show. We saw more than 100 children.

Last year, the city would not let the team into the schools. However, in the months since then, the church has made such a positive impact upon the community, they are given easy access.

Late this afternoon, a member of the church gave me a soccer lesson. You have my permission to laught. He and his father-in-law let me take a lot of shots at the goal. I only fell once, when he faked me out. He seemed to appreciate my willingness to learn from him. However, I not much to work with.

The church people are so giving and loving. They bring us fruit, cakes, and bread everyday. Yesterday, they brought cheese bread balls (for lack of a better word). The bread had cheese melted in the center of the bread that was baked in the shape and size of a baseball. It was delicious.

This morning, I led a young man to the Lord, that was so appreciative after he prayed. God is blessing our efforts. I´m still impressed with the commitment to follow up from the pastor and members. They have already visited several of the new converts.

The mayor of the town and the secretary of the city (he is responsible for a major parade coming up in a few days, 500 horses are involved) have been through the church and heard the gospel presentation.

The city where we are staying is filled with smoke. Fields several miles away are being burned and the smoke is very thick here--I found myself a little short of breat when we walked here to the internet cafe. Luckily, we found a drug store that carried Hall´s. I´m told the people of Brazil eat Hall`s lozengers like it is candy. They have many more flavors than I have ever seen.

Tomorrow, we are going to spend the day doing door to door evangelism in a rural area outside the city. Hopefully, this will develop into a new mission point.

I am so glad God provided a way for me to be a part of this ministry. I pray he will continue to use me. Thank you to all who are praying. Please, do not stop.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Price, I've been reading your blogs--thanks for sharing the blessings the Lord has provided. I'll be there for you at Gulfport in the morning. We pray for a safe trip home for all of you. May God bless all of you. Fred...

Sermons